Jump to content


Photo

Police rescue two abducted children


  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 leslie.ansa

leslie.ansa

    Advanced Member

  • Moderators
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

CROSS River State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Osita Ezechukwu has ruled out the payment of any ransom in the rescue of the two children kidnapped in Calabar.

The duo, Emmanuel aged 10 and Agbo aged four were abducted by masked gunmen at Esuk Otu Street, off Murtala Muhammed Highway in Calabar, the Cross River State capital on Tuesday last week and were reportedly released on payment of N1 million by their parents.

The commissioner said Mrs. Juliet Johnson Eko was taking her children to school when two kidnappers intercepted her, snatched her phone and abducted the children.

The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and other security agencies swung into action and rescued the children at the Women and Children Hospital, Army Junction, Calabar where they were abandoned.

When asked if any ransom was paid, Ezechukwu said: ?I am not aware of the payment of any ransom. I am pleased to inform you that the kids have been recovered and reunited with their parents in good health.

Meanwhile, the manhunt for the perpetrators of the crime has intensified.

?The command is grateful to the state government for its support, the good people of the state, other security agencies, the press and the family of the children for their patience while the manhunt lasted. I want to further assure members of the public of their safety and solicit more support and useful information?.

One of the children said: ?I feel nice to be back home to my parents. I felt scared. They gave us food. They did not beat us.?
Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users